Saturday 27 November 2010

Topshop Make Up

When Topshop launched it's make-up range I was interested but not blown away by the selection on offer.  However, that hasn't stopped me picking up a few products over the last few months and I thought it was worth sharing my thoughts on them.  In all honesty I did half expect this range to lack quality and initially purchased for the novely factor.  As you may have guessed by now how a product looks is just as important to me as how it performs and full marks to Topshop whose packaging is quirky, cute and unique.  I'm ashamed to say I bought the lipbalm in sheen purely because I knew it would look pretty on my dresser.  Although pink in the pot it doesn't really have any discernable colour on the lips and not surprisingly just gives a nice sheen.  This works really well on me when paired with a super nude lipstick like Gosh Darling or Barry M 101.  I wouldn't say it has any particularly great moisturising qualities but for £4 it is nice product to have although not one I would necessarily hurry to repurchase. 
Most recently I bought the loose glitter in gilt.  I'm not normally a big glitter fan and it's definitely not a product I will use everyday but the colour is gorgeous and unlike anything I have seen elsewhere.  But without a shadow of a doubt the best products from the Topshop range in my opinion are the blushes.  I have two shades flush and butterscotch.


These are a cream to powder formula which have great lasting power.  The colours initially seem a little scary in the pan but apply more sheerly.  Flush is a lovely pink-coral that I relied upon during the summer months.  The other colour in my collection is butterscotch which gives a beautiful golden sheen to the skin.  I would definitely recommend you check these out if you are interested in experimenting with cream blush and don't want to spend a fortune.  Overall, I'm not sure the line lives up to the hype that surrounded its release but it does seem to be expanding, helped by the new collections that launch seasonally so I'll continue to check it out when I'm buying my t-shirts and ballet pumps!
Are there any other great products in the Topshop make up line I should check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment