Tuesday 23 November 2010

17 Wild Curls Mascara - review

It is rubbish.
I could leave the review there and I think it adequately describes the product, but for blog purposes I should probably expand.  I went to Boots for some coloured eyeliner pencils and there was a 3 for 2 on 17 cosmetics, I was looking for my extra 3rd item when the packaging for this mascara suckered me in.  Honestly though I think the packaging is probably the best thing about this product.  It is claimed that this mascara will give your lashes 6x their normal volume and hold curl for up to 10 hours.  When I applied this my lashes did appear slightly longer but it had no volumizing effect at all.  But even worse, on me this mascara doesn't last 10 minutes let alone 10 hours.  It is honestly the worst mascara I have ever tried - and I've tried quite a few.  After I applied this and let it dry it took about 2 minutes of wear before it started to smudge under my eyes.  I gave it the benefit of the doubt, wiped the smudges away and carried on with my day.  A little while later I caught sight of myself in a mirror and was actually scared.  I don't think there was any product left on my lashes it had completely melted onto my face.  I looked like I was in Halloween fancy dress.  Not only will I never repurchase, I will never even use this again. 
17 is a range I really love and there are so many great products but a quick search online seems to confrm that mascara is their achiles heel.  Do yourself a favour and stay clear of this.
What is the worst product you have ever tried?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment