Saturday 6 November 2010

First Haul of Winter

I've currently got a few days off from work and what better way to spend it than with a little retail therapy.  I went a little crazy on this shopping trip bolstered by the bumper pay packet I got this month (thanks to all the extra hours I've been working lately!).  I stopped by the Mac counter to check out the Tartan Tale collection but nothing really grabbed my interest so I left empty handed.  Next stop was YSL where I picked up a rouge pur shine in 32 Frozen Mango.  This lipstick is a bright light orange peach in the tube but applies and swatches sheerly.  I personally like the effect it gives straight from the tube - it's practically gloss like, although the MUA suggested using a lip brush for a more pigmented application.  I also bought a few drugstore staples - my beloved Max Factor false lash mascara.  My birthday, Christmas and New Year are just around the corner so I'm returning to my old friend to help me negotiate the increased photo opportunities!  I also bit the bullet and bought Revlon's colorstay foundation (not pictured) in Ivory.  I've never tried this before so fingers crossed it doesn't break me out. 
top: swatch YSL 32 Frozen Mango 
Back to the fun stuff - two of my all time favourite blushes are Nars Deep Throat and Mac Well Dressed - blogland and various reviews have convinced me that I need Nars Penny lane in my life.  A beautiful cream blush that apparently looks lovely layered with Well Dressed - hopefully a combination that I will be sporting all this winter! 
I also caved and purchased Bobbi Brown's longwear gel liner in Ink Black (from my wishlist post) along with an eco tools slanted eyeliner brush.  A quick and tentative test run this morning on the upper lash line confirmed that application is much easier than with liquid liner and I'm really looking forward to properly testing this over the next few days - including on the waterline.
So far I'm really loving all my new goodies and excited to play around with them some more.  What have been your best purchases lately?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment