Sunday 14 November 2010

L'oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Replenishing Masque - review

I tried a sample of the shampoo from this new line from L'oreal Elvive and liked the sleek and shiny finish it gave my hair.  I already have several half used bottles of shampoo but was looking for a deep conditioner and thought I would give this product a whirl.  It promises to "intensely condition to help restore the visible signs of replenished hair."  The product is essentially just a conditioner, it has a medium-thick although not runny consistency and like the shampoo it does leave my hair looking fantastic.  I have started to use this once or twice a week; smothering the dry ends of my hair and leaving for about 2 minutes before it easily rinses out.  The smell is amazing and does last once the product has been rinsed out. 
After a bad haircut about a year ago I admit that I have tended to leave it a little too long between trims but this gives a noticable difference to the appearance of the length and ends of my hair - ideal if you need a quick fix before a cut.  However, you should be aware that the effects don't last past one wash.  I also wouldn't apply this at my roots as I do think this would make them appear greasy but I have this problem with most conditioners.  Priced at around £5 it won't break the bank and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice conditioner that gives short term improvement to the condition and managability of their hair.
What are your favourite new hair products?
p.s. sorry for the terrible camera work, I was rushing to take some snaps before it got dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment