Monday 27 September 2010

Another week, another haul

It seems like every week I have another haul to post.  Keeping a blog is making me appreciate how much shopping I actually do - especially as I thought I hadn't bought that much this month.  Best not to dwell on that point I think!
So onto the fun stuff

I've been in need of a new mascara for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd try something different  - Clinique was a good mid-priced baby step into the high end.  I picked up the lash doubling mascara in black which was a total impulse buy based on the wand and not on any prior research and reviews.  I've been using this for a few days now and a full review will follow. 
As I was waundering around Boots I also stumbled across some new autumn offerings from the 17 range (based on jewel toned colours) which is one of my favourite affordable brands.  I picked up two new eyeshadow solos: on the left in the pictures is violet rock - it's a lovely plummy mauve shot with a subtle hot pink shimmer - pretty similar to a satin finish in mac terms.  On the right is rose quartz a metallic pale lavender pink.  The quality of these eyeshadows is really good - excellent colour pay off and they last all day for me when used with Urban Decay Primer potion.  I'd definitely encourage you to check them out if you have the chance.  As 17 was on 3 for 2, I thought I try one of the loose eyeshadows and chose an Eye Dazzle in Midas Touch.  For use with this I bought a 217 dupe the No. 7 eyeshadow blend and contour brush - hopefully something a little fluffier should minimize fallout!

My absolute bargin of the day though had to be some earrings from New Look.  There were two pairs of very simple hoops (gold and silver) for just £1 - they weren't even in the sale!  For that price I'm happy to buy and replace when they tarnish!
What has been your ultimate bargin this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment