Monday 30 August 2010

Fabulous Friday

I spent an amazing day in the West End with my sister on Friday.  We mooched around Oxford Street (spending a ridiculous amount of time in Selfridges), had a lovely lunch and then took in the matinee of Avenue Q.  This was the first time I've seen Avenue Q and I absolutely loved it.  I'm so sad that it's run is just about to end and I won't be able to go back.  If you have the chance to go I definitely recommend it but bear in mind that it won't be to everyone's taste. 

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels like this but I find I just can't shop Oxford Street like the pro I am.  I always go with a mental list of things I want to check out but the minute I'm faced with the crush of people milling around I lose all focus.  That coupled with the fact that my sister just isn't into make up means I didn't spend that long at the beauty counters.  My interest was caught however, by the gorgeous Lulu Guinness 'metallic python lips' on display in Selfridges.  I can't say I wasn't tempted, but £225 on a teeny tiny clutch bag that's smaller than my purse is something even I couldn't justify.  Instead I spent a much smaller amount to get my little yellow bag and indulged in a Krispy Kreme chocolate dreamcake on the way home!  I'll do a separate post on what was inside my little yellow bag later! 
Enjoy your day everyone I hope it was as good as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment