Monday 23 August 2010

When I was little I wanted to be...

a redhead.

Actually, part of me still does!  On the whole I'm pretty happy with my hair, admittedly I've had my share of bad haircuts but I've never been someone who experimented by reaching for a box of hairdye.  That doesn't mean I don't suffer from the grass is always greener syndrome (doesn't everyone?)  In fact, I spent a large part of my childhood dreaming about having red hair. 

At this point I should admit that I didn't just want red hair - I wanted to BE Ariel.  But even without the awesomeness of the Little Mermaid there were plenty of other redheads for my childhood self to envy.

I loved Jane Fonda as cute and quirky Corie in Barefoot in the Park on Sunday afternoon movie reruns

Isla Fisher as Shannon Reed made me run home from school to watch Home and Away

Marina Anissina and her partner Gwendal Peizerat were my favourite Ice Dance couple famous for their equal opportunities lifts and their striking appearance on the ice

And just for fun (read: I am deadly serious and this is the nearest rival to Ariel in my mind) Maid Marian - the Fox version
xx
images courtesy of animatedheroines.com, moviestore.com, justjared.com, bbc.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment