Thursday 23 December 2010

So far this week

Anyone else sick of all this arctic weather Britain has been experiencing lately?  Sure the white stuff may be pretty to look at but it's also proving pretty debilitating to life in general. 
So here is a moan about snow thinly disguised as a quick update on my week so far.  I have ...
1.) De-snowed/ de-iced my car five times.  Each time being left a sodden, frozen mess with frost bitten fingers.
2.) Spent two hours travelling the four(ish) miles home from work in a blizzard.  To clarify - about one and a half of those hours was getting out of the car park in gridlocked traffic.  Only to find that for the first time EVER I failed to get my car safely tucked up at home and had to park and walk the last half a mile. 
3.) Wasted tickets to the ballet to watch the Nutcracker as the weather made travelling condiitons too hazardous.
4.) Spent more hours than is necessary/healthy obsessively watching weather updates and checking my postcode online for hourly reports.
5.) Eagerly anticipated the few days off I will have for christmas - I seriously can't wait!
Have you been enjoying the weather or has it just got you enraged?

No comments:

Post a Comment