Tuesday 19 October 2010

I'm late to the party

Mac's Venomous Villains collection launched at the beginning of the month and considering how excited I was before hand I'm a little late jumping on the bandwagon. (Unfortunately real life means posting has been a little MIA recently - sorry guys and girls).  This doesn't mean that I was too busy to fit in a spot of shopping though.  Having done some research on the interwebz I already knew what my must purchase items were going to be and happily added them to my virtual basket and checked out in double quick time happy in the knowledge that my little mac parcel was on it's way.  As I checked my e-mails the next day, I was horrified to discover that one product had been sold out at the time of dispatch.  I don't live all that close to a mac counter/store but I thought it was worth putting in a little effort to get my hands on some disney goodies and see if there was anything else in the collection I could impulse buy!  Imagine how I felt when said item was again sold out!  I quickly hotfooted across town and eventually got my eager little hands on it!  Grade A for effort me thinks!
So here are said products
along with a few Benefit goodies I picked up (as I had to travel to mac I figured it was worth visiting a counter I can't get locally!)

 Evil Queen Beauty Powder in Oh So Fair (the pesky out of stock product), and my pick of the collection, Maleficient Lipglass in Revenge is Sweet.

How gorgeous is that?  Don't be put off by how dark it appears, when applied it is completely wearable - I'm actually starting to ration it as a special occasion only product as I'm scared I'm going to run out too quick!
I know a lot of people really hated the packaging of this collection but I've gotta say in my opinion it really isn't that terrible on the products I purchased, although looking at the collection in store, certain products could have been packaged a lot better (cruella eyeshadows I mean you!).
From Benefit I picked up the Bad Gal eyeliner pencil and Erase paste concealer in no.1 - first impressions of this are that it's a tad greasy - anyone else get that? But I do think I applied too much product so I'll experiment a bit and let you know how I get on!
What have been your must get products from recent beauty collections?

No comments:

Post a Comment