Monday 11 October 2010

Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara - review

I've been using this mascara for a few weeks now, so I thought it was about time I shared some of my thoughts.  At a cost of £14.50 this is the most expensive mascara I have ever bought - but as trusted favourites Max Factor and Loreal seem to be creeping up over the £10-£11 mark, I didn't feel too bad about the price.  What initially attracted me was the tapered brush (similar shapes can be found at The Bodyshop and Maybelline) and the promise of double the lashes - um yes please!
Unfortunately, my first impressions weren't great.  I applied one (generous) coat and was left a little underwhelmed.  My lashes were barely defined never mind doubled.  Also, this mascara was very wet and took a really long time to dry.  I applied a further coat until I had achieved an effect I was happy with.
Here's a before and after...

 I'll admit the effect does look quite pretty I was just dismayed that it was so labour intensive!  Over the next week I did notice that the mascara dried out a little which made the application process much quicker and cut down on the drying time.  However, just as I was starting to really like it, I noticed a disturbing pattern start to emerge: everyday by lunch time I had developed panda eye syndrome.  I'm willing to overlook a few little annoyances as no product is perfect but for me Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara has too many cons for very little payoff.  Honestly, there are far better products out there for less money which give a similar or better effect.  I'll use this up but I won't be repurchasing.
What would you recommend as my next mascara purchase?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment